seqn gel pouring

brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Sun Jun 27 20:13:41 EST 1993

to *eliminate* gel leaking simply do this: catalyze ~5 mls of your gel soln
and pour into your gel from the top, keeping yuor plates VERTICAL. Use enough
TEMED for it to polymerize in about 10-20 min. When set just pour the rest on
top, lay flat and insert comb of your choice. Because you pour it vertically,
all bubbles will rise to the top and pop. I might add that I pour the 5 mls
onto loosely taped plates without any leakage. The 5 mls is strong enough to hold
the gel above it.