CSH118 strain and RSF2001 F'

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Mon Jun 28 10:57:02 EST 1993

I am also trying to locate the F plasmid designated RSF2001 (Kan) that was
described in the 1977 Heffron and Falkow transposition paper.

Apparently it also resides is strain CSH118, part of a package of strains
available for Miller's latest laboratory course. I do not want to get
a 40 strain "kit" for this individual strain. Has anyone transfered it
into another host ?

Alternately, is anyone using a transmissable F plamid containing a resistance
marker and NO lac operon sequence ? Perhaps any full F factor lacking lac
sequence ?

Thanks for the help,

Jim
J. Graham