Eukaryotic protein expression

awalley at molbiol.ox.ac.uk awalley at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 10:44:21 EST 1993

Hi,
    I would like to express a eukaryotic glycosylated protein in large amounts
 with its authentic glycosylation pattern i.e. not in yeast or baculovirus.
Ideally, I would like to use a rapid affinity purification system to isolate
the protein. I have previously used the pGEX vector system for prokaryotic
expression but I believe that it is unsuitable for eukaryotes because they
have their own GST enzyme - Correct me if I'm wrong please :-)

I'm looking at the pEBVHis vector of Invitrogen which uses the XPress
Histidine/Nickel affinity system. Any comments on your own experiences or
alternatives will be gratefully received.

Andrew Walley,
Institute of Molecular Medicine,
Oxford, UK.