<none>

Ann Fraser fraser at scws4.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 28 12:14:40 EST 1993

In article <20irol$ma1 at max.physics.sunysb.edu> mhollowa at ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Holloway) writes:
>In article <93173.105338IO00865 at MAINE.MAINE.EDU> IO00865 at MAINE.MAINE.EDU (Ethan Strauss) writes:
>
>>I've had terrible problems with my sequencing gels leaking from the bottom
>>while pouring. I seal the bottom with brown 3M mailing tape. Anyone have
>>any hints for easy gel pouring?
>
>Try clear, wide packaging tape and smooth it down thoroughly.  Double layer
>on the corners.
>
>Mike

I skip the tape altogether.  You can insert a strip of Whatmann 3MM
paper (1 strip for .2 mm spacers, double that for .4 mm spacers)
in the bottom of the glass plates.  Pour about 3 or 4 ml of
acrylamide with approx 15 uL of TEMED as a plug.  Then pour the
gel as usual.  You can run the gel without removing the paper.

Lisa Vawter
vawter at harvard.edu