Visualization of DNA in agarose gels (EtBr alternatives..?)

TIM CHIPMAN 901106c at
Tue Jun 29 13:49:14 EST 1993

I am curious what (if any) non EtBr alternatives exist for DNA visualization
which has been seperated via electrophoresis in agarose gels of various
concentrations (say, 0.7, 1, and 2% agarose..). Ideally, I would like
something that is visually obvious to the point where a hand scanner would
be able to be used for documentation, although I suppose if someone had
discovered a stain that did this, polariod probably would have them killed :)

Thanks for your help!

Tim Chipman
901106c at
901106c at