G-Nome kit (BIO 101)

Darin O'Brien obrien at molbio.cbs.umn.edu
Tue Mar 2 18:24:29 EST 1993

Hi!

	I was wondering if anyone out there has tried the G NOME kit by
BIO 101 for isolation of genomic DNA from mammalian tissue culture cells.
I have tried but have had little success.  Starting with 1-2 X 10^7 cells,
I end up with a precipitate after salting out that won't pellet very well.  The
DNA is supposed to be in the supernatant but I can't get much of anything
to precipitate.  Presumably my DNA is still in the lose gunky pellet with the
protein.  Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Darin (obrien at molbio.cbs.umn.edu)