Problems with new Sequenase?

vernon VERNON at micro.uct.ac.za
Tue Mar 2 05:04:36 EST 1993

                    <bionet-news at daresbury.ac.uk>

> In article <C380v2.374 at mentor.cc.purdue.edu> miguel at aclcb.purdue.edu writes:
>
> >  A few people have now written me and the culprit seems to be
> >some batches of 35S-dATP from Amersham.  I phoned Amersham and they
> >took the rap.  The batch we have is 9302.  The rep. I talked to seemed
> >surprised at the batch number -- most of their complaints have been
> >with 9304.  But they are replacing my mCi with batch 9308.  We'll be
> >testing it and I'll post results.
>
> I'll keep this brief but I was using batch # 9304 too.
>
> George

In follow up to the above topic, we have had similar problems with
regard to sequencing using Sequenase.  We have tried kits supplied by
USB and Pharmacia.  We have been using Amersham 35S-dATP batches
9302, 9304, and 9306 with similar results (faint sequence).

We look forward to hearing whether batch 9308 works for you.  In the
meantime we will be contacting Amersham for a credit.

Vernon

| Dr. Vernon E. Coyne,                                               |
| Microbiology Department,            Tel: (27-21) 650-3259/70       |
| University of Cape Town,            Fax: (27-21) 650-4023          |
| Private Bag,                        E-mail: vernon at micro.uct.ac.za |
| Rondebosch, 7700                                                   |
| South Africa                                                       |