PCR 4.5kb plasmid

Angelo Gunasekera angelo at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 3 01:45:21 EST 1993

In protein engineering meeting in SanDiego, I seem to remember seeing a
poster (or a paper) discussing about PCR'ing a whole plasmid to
incoorporate a sequence into the plasmid (by add-on PCR with 2 primers T
and B strands which prime in the same region having approximately
40bases in each of the primers as added-on's).  I think they just used
ligase after their PCR and transformed into E.coli cells to get very
good incorporation of the sequence of their interest.
I am wondering someone in the bionet could direct me to get that paper
or help me getting a similar protocol.
Thanks in advance

Angelo