Phosphoimagers/Betascopes

Jeffrey Alan Silverman jeffs at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Thu Mar 4 09:13:16 EST 1993

We are currently considering purchasing either a phosphoimager or a betascope
from either Molecular Dynamics, Fuji or Betagen.   So I would like to know if
anyone out there has any experience with these instruments and has any insight.
I am particularly interested in comments on sensitivity, resolution and
reproducibility.  Speed and reliability are important.  Also does anyone use
them on a network to port the data to a remote terminal to do their data analysis?  Any sequence reading?  How about lifespan of the screens?
Thanks for your help
Jeff Silverman
Jeffs at elsie.nci.nih.gov