Classification of teratogens help needed

Mark Juric [MSAI] mjuric at aisun1.ai.uga.edu
Fri Mar 5 09:48:04 EST 1993

In article <1993Mar5.032127.29574 at cunews.carleton.ca> wcsbeau at alfred.carleton.ca (OPIRG) writes:
>A teratogen's just a fancy word for a compound that causes birth
>defects. Teras is Greek for monster so it means monster creating.

I realize that.  I have a list of 60 different known teratogenic and non-
teratogenic compounds, and I would like to find a classification scheme other
that teratogenicity.  I have tried using Gonbar et. al's QSAR model of class-
ification, but only 5 of my 60 compounds are listed in thier report.  I needed
definitions of the previous terms so that I could classify the rest of the
compounds according to thier model.  If anyone is aware of any other class-
ification schemes, please let me know.

@  Mark Juric                                A.I. Programs                    @
@  mjuric at ai.uga.edu                       University of Georgia              @
@                                          Athens, Georgia 30602              @