CJ236 plasmid pCJ105??

Warren Wakarchuk wakarchu at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca
Tue Mar 9 11:15:18 EST 1993

Hi Netters,
  I recently obtained some CJ236 for preparing UDNA for site-directed
mutagenesis.  The most quoted reference to this strain is the Kunkel et al
in Methodss in Enzymology.  What I wanted to know is what is on the plasmid
in this strain?  The plasmid reference given in the above paper (Joyce and
Grindley J. Bact, 158:636 1984) does not describe this plasmid.  I'll assume
it is an F' with Cm resistance, but what else is on it???
  Also, what level of Cm do people use for this strain, the J. Bact.
reference says 20 ug/ml for other pCJ plasmids.  Do people include Cm when
preparing ssDNA?

Thanks,
Warren
Warren Wakarchuk              Email:  WAKARCHU at BIOLOGYSX.LAN.NRC.CA
Protein Structure and Design          NUM208WW at MBDS.NRC.CA
IBS-NRCC                        fax:  613-952-9092
Ottawa, Ont.  CANADA
**Any opinions stated here are my own, not NRC's**