Martin Kennedy cytogen at chmeds.ac.nz
Thu Mar 11 17:37:03 EST 1993

In article <1993Mar9.222930.1 at molbiol.ox.ac.uk>, dcoleman at molbiol.ox.ac.uk writes:
> dear bionetters,
> I am a graduate student working on DNA sequencing, but as a side project I am
> interested in subjecting metaphase chromosomes to electron microscopy. I
> understanding how to arrest the cells in metaphase --I am working with
> a borrowed culture of a human lymphocytes-- but am unclear on how to extract
> and purify the chromosomes.
> Thanks!
> David
Christine Harrison at the Paterson Institute just about invented SEM on
metaphases (see Cytogen. Cell Genet, ca 1988 for some impressive pictures)!
Why don't you contact her?  Sorry, I haven't got an e-mail address.

Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = cytogen at chmeds.ac.nz)
Cytogenetic and Molecular Oncology Unit
Christchurch School of Medicine
Christchurch, New Zealand