Odd shaped protein band!

cup at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca cup at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 12 20:12:54 EST 1993

 A puzzle for the community:

I've just run a 15% SDS PAGE gel of crude E coli lysates, time courses
of induction of T7 promoter regulated gene by IPTG in BL21(DE3)lysS.
It was a "big" gel and it ran nicely giving sharp straight bands.....
EXCEPT for the band I think I'm interested in, which looked like
) rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise....  ie in 2 adjacent lanes it
looked like a pair of eye brows!!!  These seemed to be superimposed over
fainter straight bands. They were not due to overloading.

I seem to rember a similar question about DNA bands.... but here I only
got
one curved band among hundreds of normal ones.

ANy clues??  Anyone seen this before?  I should mention that the
protein run at about 28,000 Da and has a zinc finger!

Thanks in advance,

Chris Upton
Biochemistry
University of Alberta