northern sensitivity

Blair Jennings HF.BXX at forsythe.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 12 12:58:35 EST 1993

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what is the lowest concentration of message
which can be seen on a Northern blot. Also how much more sensitive
is the RNase protection assay or is it? I want to know this because
I'm looking at a constitively expressed message during early
gestation and am having a hard time seeing anything other than my
positive control.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blair Jennings                       If we knew what we were doing
Research Assistant                   They wouldn't call it Research.
Stanford University
hf.bxx at forsythe.stanford.edu