Terminase Vendor

Andre Hamel hamel at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Mon Mar 15 01:06:30 EST 1993

In article <C3stoo.2z2 at mentor.cc.purdue.edu> pmiguel at bragg.bio.purdue.edu writes:
>  Does anyone know a vendor of Terminase, the enzyme that cuts the
>lambda cos site?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Phillip

For Lambda Terminase

Try TAKARA Biochemical Inc.

719 Allston Way, Berkeley, California, 94710, USA

1-800-544-9899
  415-649-9895

FAX:  415-649-8933

I dug out info I got from them at a conference awhile back:

Lambda Terminase (clconed), product number 2810, 200 units, $260 USF
supplied with Basal buffer

They also carry cosmid mapping kit (cloned Lambda Terminase, ON-L and ON-R
oligo's for probing COS ends after Southern, T4 PNK, size markers) ..
Cat. no. 6080, 50 reactions, $320 USF

They also carry VERY NICE ligation kit (SO efficient and FAST). Cat. no.
6021, 50 rx'ns, $160 USF

They also carry some rare cutting R.E.'s such as Sse 83871 (CC^TGCAGG), an
8 base recognition site cutter, with 4 base 3' overhang.

... and they also carry broad range of protein characterization/purification
supplies/biochemicals/enzymes, in addition to increasing range of nucleic acid
research lab supplies/biochemicals, etc.

I'm in no way, haven't been, nor would ever want to be affiliated with any
partial commercial enterprise.

Andre Hamel
Manitoba Vet. Virol.
Winnipeg, Manitoba