Ligation of single base extensions

David Nunn David_Nunn at qms1.life.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 18 14:40:47 EST 1993

    This question will probably be best answered by those who have use the
TA cloning kits of Stratagene, Invitrogen, or whoever sells them now.

    We are using TA cloning, not for cloning PCR products, but for random
cloning of small fragments and need to know if the kits give a good
indication of the ideal ligation conditions for the single strand
extension.  Such things as optimum temperature, DNA concentration, amount
of ligase needed, etc.  I've read most of the blunt end vs. sticky end
literature for optimum ligation but there doesn't seem to be anything about
ligating single base extensions.  Thanks

David Nunn, Ph.D.
Department of Microbiology
University of Illinois
Urbana, IL 61801