Results of Bibliography Software Survey

John Alsobrook ALSOBROOK at biomed.med.yale.edu
Wed Mar 24 13:25:58 EST 1993

Greetings, all.  A month or so ago I posted a request for personal evaluations
of science-oriented bibliographic software packages. Of the replies I received,
20 had recommendations for a particular program. Thanks to everyone who took
the time to reply. The results are included below:

Program		# positive recommendations
-------		--------------------------

EndNote		7

ProCite		4

Papyrus		3

Reference	2
Manager

home-made	2
Unix things

Q&A database	1

dms4cite	1

I payed no attention to platform requirements since some have Mac & IBM
versions while others have only one (and we're "lucky" enough to be Mac- and
IBM-capable); most folks who liked one package also disliked 3 or 4 others, so
I only included the positive responses. Hope this helps anyone.  As for us,
well, we're still thinking about it...

* John Alsobrook    Child Study Center    Yale University School of Medicine *
* internet: alsobrook at biomed.med.yale.edu / bitnet: alsobrook at yalemed.bitnet *
* "Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car   *
*  keys to teenage boys." -- P.J. O'Rourke                                   *