Ligation Help Requested

Andre Hamel hamel at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 30 13:25:02 EST 1993

Have you attempted to deproteinate (remove polymerase) your pcr
product DNA by treatment with proteinase K in 0.1% to 0.5% SDS (at
37oC to 55oC for 1/2 hour), followed by couple of ext'ns with phenol (Tris,
pH 8 sat'd)/ chloroform-2%n butanol, etc? If SDS still persists at
interface, further ext'ns needed in addition to ethanol ppt'n in presence
of 0.2 to 0.3 M NaCl with 2- 4 times volume ethanol (glycogen carrier,
about 1- 10 ug can be helpful).

Andre Hamel
Manitoba Vet. Virol.
Winnipeg, Manitoba