Texts on Cell Culture?

John Boswell knight at grafton.dartmouth.edu
Sun May 2 18:43:29 EST 1993

Hi,
	Could someone direct me towards any good references on basic Cell/
Tissue Culture techniques?  In a couple of months I'll be starting up a
cell culture facility in a new lab so we can overexpress some protein.  I've
done a bit of cell culture already, but I'm looking for stuff like how
to tell when cells are confluent, when they are (*gasp*) dead, etc.  Please
bear in mind that I'm a chemist by training, so dealing with bugs is
kinda new to me.  Oh, I should say I'm looking for *mammalian* cell culture
theory/ techniques.  I've done quite a bit of *bacterial* cell culture,
but that's different....
	Thanks in advance for any pointers....

John Boswell
knight at grafton.dartmouth.edu
Dr. John Boswell	 			knight at grafton.dartmouth.edu
Dept. of Medicine/GI MCN C2104
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN  37232	615-322-6367 or 615-343-4747