Sort muscle/non-muscle in FACS: Markers?

Stephanie Edelmann BIOSEE at ukcc.uky.edu
Tue May 4 07:56:32 EST 1993

Here's another one for you guys,

I am producing primary muscle cell cultures (dog) from tissue.  Of course,
there's always "contamination" of the muscle satellite cells with fibroblasts
etc.  So, I'd like to use a FACS (Fluorescent activated cell sorter) to
pick out the muscle/non-muscle.  I know that that's possible with humans:
There, you use an antibody against m..  (I forget what:-().  Is there anything
around that can do the same thing for dog cells?

Thanks

Stephanie