Bgal Constructs

skspoidn at reading.ac.uk skspoidn at reading.ac.uk
Fri May 7 05:11:34 EST 1993

Now here is the full version...

I recently constructed what I thought would be a fairly routine Bgal construct
with my protein of interest in PUC18, with the aim of producing an immunoreactive
 fusion as a Wetsren blot control. I have sequenced thru the fusion site and
 everything is in frame, but no protein is forthcoming. I have heard that some
 Bgal fusion just dont produce protein. Does anyone know why. or what to
 do to avoid it?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Poidinger
Dept of Microbiology
University of Reading

If only life were a kit...You could complain to the manufacturers and get a new one.