Looking for dicot codon usage table

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Mon May 10 17:35:15 EST 1993

ez005587 at chip.ucdavis.edu (David J. Meyer) writes:

>	I am looking to find a codon usage table for dicot plant (nuclear
>genes). Any site accessible by gopher or anonymous ftp (or heck, even a
>reference to a publication) would work. Thanks in advance!

Dear David,

This looks like a job for gopher!!!

follow me:

gopher ftp.bio.indiana.edu

 -->   5.  IUBio-Software+Data/

     -->  9.  Molecular biology/

         -->  4.  codon/

 -->  1.  Codon.readme  [18Feb93, 2kb].
      2.  algae.cod  [ 1Aug91, 6kb].
      3.  anopheles.codons/
      4.  asn.cod  [14May91, 4kb].
      5.  ath.cod  [14May91, 4kb].
      6.  bly.cod  [14May91, 4kb].
      7.  bmo.cod  [14May91, 4kb].
      .
      .
      .

and many many more ... in the readme file you find:

(I may have missed some ... my botany is a bit dusty!)

File Name	Organism/Organelle
PEA.COD		Pisum sativum (Pea)
PET.COD		Petunia sp.
PHV.COD		Phaseolus vulgaris (Lima bean)
POT.COD		Solanum tuberosum (Potatoe)
SOY.COD		Glycine max (Soybean)
TOB.COD		Nicotiana tabacum (Tobacco)
TOBCP.COD	Nicotiana tabacum chloroplast (Tobacco)
TOM.COD		Lycopersicon esculentum (Tomato)

As Dan "the Man" Jacobson would say ... "if you do not know about
gopher ... don't worry, it is free and on the net"

Ask him (danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu) or me, and we will send you an
info (abriged gopher_FAQ) about gopher,

regards,

francis

PS This info also available by anonymous FTP (same address)