CNBr cleavage of MBP-fusion protein?

bickle at urz.unibas.ch bickle at urz.unibas.ch
Thu May 13 02:49:07 EST 1993

In article <erman-120593130016 at 129.64.1.96>, erman at brandeis.edu.bitnet (batu erman) writes:

> I don't know if this has been discussed before, but could someone tell me
> whether cyanogen bromide can cleave fusion proteins from the pGEX fusion
> proteins containing the glutathiones-s-transferase protein. Can someone
> post the CnBr cleaving site?
> Thanks,
> Batu Erman

CNbr is very specific for cleavage at methionines (leaving homoserine
lactone at the C-terminus of the peptide). However, it all depends on
what you want to do with the protein afterwards because a typical reaction
is done in 0.1 N HCl or 70 % formic acid, room temperature, 24 hours.

--
Tom Bickle
Microbiology Dept, Biozentrum, Basel University
+ 41 61 267 21 20       bickle at urz.unibas.ch