Dear all,

Mr. K.R. Raj kraj at crc.ac.uk
Tue May 18 12:18:14 EST 1993

I am in a bit of "fix" with my Southern blot. I am able to detect episomal
DNA of 8 kb in size on my Southern blot but am unable to detect it when I
digest the DNA with Bam HI which cuts the 8Kb DNA only once. I have tried
different batches of enzyme and buffers and several different DNA extracts.
What I want to know is, if it is easier to detect supercoil DNA on Southern
than linear DNA....does it make any sense?...if not what would possibily accoun
account for the strange observation I observe with my experiments above?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Ken Raj
Dept of Pathology
Cambridge.