The end of the World

Alberto I Roca roca at
Wed May 19 11:50:44 EST 1993

what is the size of the plasmid that you are trying to purify? i've had
with large plasmids (~7kb). they are nicked up. there can also be DNA
degredation. I
don't know if this is due to the mechanical stress of the resin or some
sensitive factor that is chewing up my plasmid that isn't removed in the
washes. i mention the latter point becuase DNA prepped from alkaline
ppt (i.e. "classic" miniprep) appears to be much cleaner on a gel.

alberto :|
Alberto I. Roca                 Internet: roca at
Biochemistry                    Bitnet:   roca at wiscmacc
420 Henry Mall
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, Wisconsin 53706 USA