Video gel documentation
William_D_WARREN at UMAIL.UMD.EDU
Thu May 20 13:40:00 EST 1993
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has experience (good or bad)
with video gel documentation devices like 'Eagle Eye' from Strategene
and the like. We are contemplating purchasing such for agarose gel
We are aware that the initial purchase price outlay is large,
but once purchaed the cost/gel is dramatically lower than using polaroids.
What we want to know is:
1) How easy are these to use and maintain.
2) How is the quality of the thermal printed image.
3) What is the sensitivity compared to a polaroid.
4) How easy is it to keep the images archived for later
retrieval and manipulation for publication.
5) Which brands are better/worse than others.
Thanks in advance
William D. WARREN, PhD
Center for Agricultural Biotechnology Email: ww40 at umail.umd.edu
University of Maryland at College Park Phone: (301) 405-7681
More information about the Methods