Sequences of Invitrogen pTrcHis vectors

Michael Coady coady at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Thu May 20 11:01:52 EST 1993

In article <1993May20.144007.16036 at infodev.cam.ac.uk> Chong-Yee Khoo <cyk10 at cus.cam.ac.uk> writes:
>Ditto for their pCRII vector. I think it's ludricous charging
>35 pounds for the sequence - surely this should be given f.o.c.!
>
>I shall try scanning and OCR'ing the paper sequence again when I
>have the time (for some reason it didn't work too well the last time).
>Will keep you posted.

	While I agree that it is foolish to have to pay 35 pounds for the
vector sequences, would it not be cheaper for you to pay for a transatlantic
phone call to their electronic bulletin board (using a computer and modem,
of course) from which the sequences can be downloaded.  I know I wouldn't
trust an OCR for getting a sequence error-free!  Perhaps some kind soul
in San Diego could obtain the sequence and email it to you, since they
would pay nothing for the local call.  Ideally, all the sequences could
be obtained this way and uploaded to the vector sequence archive, but
I don't know how keen Invitrogen would be at losing this source of income
(from the selling of disks of vector sequences).

Mike Coady
COADY at ERE.UMONTREAL.CA