Primer extension

Mikulskis A Mikulski at mipa.ucl.ac.be
Fri May 21 11:56:16 EST 1993

Dear Netters,
I have problems in promoter mapping because of false stops of reverse
transcriptase (AMV). Computer analysis shows that most of stops appear in
the predicted loop(s) of template RNA. Is it possible somehow to eliminate
undesirable structures of RNA during the primer extension? Can I use
formamide for this purpose or other destabilizing agent? What is the upper
thermostability limit of AMV? I would like also to know if reverse
transcritase can start extension from RNA-RNA priming? Where I can find
more information about different characteristics of AMV?
Thanks in advance for any help, Alvidas.