Magic buffer for RE digests

metzler at sara.cc.utu.fi metzler at sara.cc.utu.fi
Tue May 25 08:28:06 EST 1993

Dear Netters,
	For reasons which I cannot understand (although the local
rumor is that there is something wrong with our water) I am having
more than usual difficulties with obtaining complete digests using
such common enzymes as EcoRI, HindIII, etc. My DNA is generally
CsCl purified, so that should not be a problem.
	I recall using something called "Magic buffer" when I was
a graduate student. It contained spermine, spermidine, and other
ingredients which I cannot remember. It was reputed to allow cutting
of even the most stubborn DNA. Unfortunately, I cannot find a recipe
for it. Does anyone out there have the recipe and/or a reference for
this?
Thanks for any help you can give,
Mary
--
Mary C. Metzler,                       |  Internet:  Metzler at Sara.CC.Utu.Fi
Department of Botany,                  |