cycle sequencing with 35S??

John Nash nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca
Wed May 26 08:06:15 EST 1993

In article <1993May25.163419.17088 at es.dupont.com> ottcr at esvx17.es.dupont.com writes:
>From: ottcr at esvx17.es.dupont.com
>Subject: Re: cycle sequencing with 35S??
>Date: Tue, 25 May 1993 16:34:19 GMT

>In article <C7AB34.35M at ccu.umanitoba.ca>, jrichmn at ccu.umanitoba.ca (Joy Richman) writes:
>>Dear Netters,
>writes:
>>Has anyone out there got cycle sequencing to work using 35 S? If so I
>>would like to know what kit you used and how much dsDNA you started with.
>>I would like to get away from using 32 P since we are not doing it often
>>enough to get through even the smallest amount of gamma 32 P before it
>>expires.
>>
>>P.S. We have the Gibco kit but they do not recommend its use with 35 S.
>>

>    Have you considered 33P ? It seems to be ideally suited to
>    thermal cycle sequencing, with advantages over both 35 S
>    and 32 P.
>    Send me E-Mail and I could give you more specific info.
>
>Regards, Charly Ott.

G'day Charly,

Many of us would _LOVE_ to try 33P... last I looked, I couldn't afford it!
Especially compared with the discounts (off catalogue price) one can get for
32P or 35S.

cheers, John

John Nash                           | Email: Nash at biologysx.lan.nrc.ca.
Institute for Biological Sciences,  | National Research Council of Canada,
Cell Physiology Group.              | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.