Plasmid map drawing programs

knoblauch at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de knoblauch at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
Fri May 28 03:05:23 EST 1993

In article <1993May27.110254.1 at vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au>, michael_m at vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au writes:
> Dear Netters
>
> Does anybody know of any free or shareware programs for drawing plasmid maps,
> if possible of publication quality and for IBM-PC.  Ditto for programs to
> draw helical wheels?

Hi Mike,
I suggest you check the EMBL-fileserver. As far as I remember, it has a couple
of plasmid-map-drawing programs. Send a mail to
NETSERV at EMBL-HEIDELBERG.DE
containing NO (!) Subj.:-line and the message
HELP DOS_SOFTWARE
in the body will supply you with instructions and a list of files with
descriptions.  Or FTP to ftp.embl-heidelberg.de and check in
/pub/software/dos, the name of the filoe-list there is README.

> Thanks in advance.

u're welceome, good luck
				Klaus
InterNet:  Knoblauch at mpi-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
EAN     :  Knoblauch at mpimg-berlin.mpg.dbp.de

> Es gibt zwei Arten von Narren: Die Einen sagen: das ist alt, und darum     >
> gut! Die Anderen sagen, das ist neu, und darum besser!                     >
Disclaimer: The above stated opinions are not necessarily shared by my
            employers. Some times not even by me.