PCR problems

farleyp at HAL.HAHNEMANN.EDU farleyp at HAL.HAHNEMANN.EDU
Mon Nov 1 11:43:40 EST 1993

Hello Netters!

We have been experiencing problems amplifying certain templates.  When the
agarose gel is run, we see a large smear of DNA over a broad molecular weight
range.  We have tried different concentrations of MgCl2, template, primer, and
even different PCR temperature profiles.  Does anyone know what causes this and
how we might get better results?  Thank you in advance for any help that you
can offer.

Yang Kang &
Patrick Farley
e-mail address YANGK at HAL.Hahnemann.edu