Restriction in a PCR tube

Duncan Clark Duncan at
Tue Nov 2 16:20:08 EST 1993

In article <9311020154.AA18023 at> Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU writes:

>>Hello netters!
>>        Has somebody try to digest PCR product in PCR tube (I mean in PCR
>>reaction mixture) with different restriction enzymes?

Unless you inactivate the Taq pol in the original PCR, when you cut with the
RE (which isn't a problem) the polymerase will blunt your DNA. This is 'cos
the enzyme is still active at 37C and dNTP's used in the PCR are still be

Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at
GeneSys Ltd.                        | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at