Fixing sequencing gels

Vivian Miao vmiao at
Wed Nov 3 22:59:53 EST 1993

In article <2b7tad$aqt at>, mcblab47 at (Chia Jin
Ngee) wrote:
> If you have other problems and solutions to fixing gels please send them
> to me. I would be happy to compile your ideas/solutions to the above
> problems or even the problems you encounter.
> --

Oboy, a vote!  I vote for not fixing gels before you dry them.  My
experience is similar to those who claim that unfixed gels work fine.  We
reserve the fixing step for gels that do need reconstructive surgery (e.g.
gel got torn when removing the backing plate).  Then fixing makes it a lot
easier to reassemble the gel pieces in place.