Message for the Net manager

RYBICKI, ED ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 4 05:17:59 EST 1993

... since Mr. Graham has been an
> >exemplary contributor to the group.  If I were Mr. Graham's
employer, I
> >would be tempted to give him a citation for excellence and
bravery for his
> >part in this fiasco.

I have offered to put my support for Jim in a letter to his boss,
should any ordure come down upon his head because of this incident.
 If enough of us did that (if necessary), it would ensure Jim did
not get into any trouble.

In my opinion (and in the absence of any evidence apart from what
was published), this was just another example of the typical Net
"flame war", where someone goes over the top and then doesn't know
how to back down without losing face, so perpetuates the
unpleasantness.  Let us not throw bricks at anyone, just let's all
calm down and get on with the business at hand - sharing info and
methods.
 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |                                      |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |      "Lord, won't you buy me         |
 | Dept Microbiology           |          A Mer-ce-des Benz           |
 | University of Cape Town     |     My friends all have Porsches     |
 |                             |          I must make amends..."      |                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |            (Pearl, 1971)             |