Problems with lamzapII in XL1Blue

Darren Martin Martin at gene.unp.ac.za
Thu Nov 4 13:13:04 EST 1993

Hello

I have been trying to rescue bluescript m13 from XL1 Blue lysogenised
with lambda zapII containing a +-5Kb insert.  However when I do a prep of
the rescued plasmid I find the insert has somehow dissapeared - this
dissapearence sometimes corresponds with the loss of the polycloning site
but not always.  I have recently managed to obtain a plasmid preparation
which appears to be about 80% Bluescript M13 with no insert and  20%
containig something else???? (apparently pBluescript with a part of the
origional insert still present but its difficult to tell). I was wondering
whether somebody had encountered the same problem and if so how they managed
to overcome it.

Thank you in advance to anybody who is able to offer advice.

Darren Martin