Do you have an unclonable gene?

Paula Burch pburch at cmb.bcm.tmc.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:35:54 EST 1993

A colleague of mine, Tamsen Valoir, is compiling a list of sequences
that have been difficult or impossible to clone. Her specific interest
lies in the reasons for said difficulty, e.g., sequences that are
toxic to the host cell, sequences that get deleted, methylated
sequences, etc.

The problem here is that you don't normally hear about the failures,
just the sequences that have been cloned, which is why she's turning to
the net for help.

Do you have an entry for her list? If so, we'd like to hear about it.
I will pass all e-mail received on to her. She's interested in problems
that have AND problems that have not been solved, and would especially
appreciate any references.

Paula Burch
pburch at bcm.tmc.edu