Stratagene Power Supply

Lisa Vawter vawter at
Sun Nov 7 17:25:43 EST 1993

Hi All.

Our lab uses Stratagene's Feathervolt 3000 power packs with
Stratatherm temperature controllers for sequencing.  We've
intermittently had the following problem:  The short circuit
light comes on and the power packs shut off, either when
we're just starting a sequencing run or in the middle of a run.
There is no short, or any other obvious cause to this problem
It seems to be a fluke of the system.  Has anyone else
dealt successfully with this problem?  How?

Lisa Vawter
vawter at
vawter at