mini-prep sequencing

txpljfg at UABCVSR.CVSR.UAB.EDU txpljfg at UABCVSR.CVSR.UAB.EDU
Tue Nov 9 11:53:25 EST 1993

> Recently I have been trying, unsucessfully, to sequence mini prep DNA using the
> alkaline lysis method.  All I seem to get is dark gray smears on the autorad.

We have also gotten inconsistent results using the alkaline lysis
method.  However, the boiling miniprep method in Maniatis works very
well.  We take 30ul of the miniprep (of a total of 50ul DNA sol'n)
denature it, and run all or one-half in the sequencing reactions
(sequenase).  It seems to work quite well.

James F. George, Ph.D.
University of Alabama at Birmingham
205-934-4261 voice

txpljfg at uabcvsr.cvsr.uab.edu