Attn: DS DNA Sequencers

Leonard N. Bloksberg bloksber at pilot.msu.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:17:00 EST 1993

In Article <2bbb05$hvj at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> "dr277 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Barbara B Grossmann)" says:

> I am interested in any feedback regarding sequencing ds DNA that has been
> purified by the following methods: alk lysis mini prep, Qiagen column, Magip (soory)
> Magic preps.  Is there any problems with faint bands or quantitation
> problems with any of these methods when sequencing. I am from USB and
> will post a summary.Please be as specific as possible when describing
> your results. Have a good day.
> Barb Grossmann
> Mgr Tech Services
> USBR

.
I have sequence plaine Alk Lysed (old Maniattis) mini preps with no problem.
I don't worry about quantifycation, just estimate by gel and go.  Occationally
I get a bad reaction, but it's pretty rare.  I have never seen the point in
any of the kits for ordinary 35S, Sanger sequencing with Sequenase.
.
.
.		Leonard N. Bloksberg
.		Bloksber at pilot.msu.edu