segregation distortion

Toby Bradshaw toby at stein3.u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 10 11:13:57 EST 1993

In article <IO01072.931110093734 at maine.maine.edu>,
Hugo Volkaert <IO01072 at MAINE.MAINE.EDU> wrote:
>I am doing a little project for a class in molecular evolution of plants.
>I chose as topic "meiotic drive and segregation distortion". I haven't
>found a lot of information in the literature, apart from a few articles on
>rice and conifers. I wonder how widespread the phenomenon is in the plant
>kingdom. If you have encountered a situation of non-mendelian (1:1) segregation
>I would appreciate if you could send me some data on it.

Segregation distortion has been found in every plant for which good
linkage maps have been made, and that's quite a few.  Email me and
I'll send you the text of a paper on segregation distortion in Populus
that is in press in TAG.

Toby Bradshaw                       |
Department of Biochemistry          |  Will make genetic linkage maps
and College of Forest Resources     |            for food.
University of Washington, Seattle   |
toby at u.washington.edu               |