Downward DNA blotting

Jim Gerlach GERLACHJ at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Wed Nov 10 15:30:01 EST 1993

In article <01H54JU1NR769ANEFI at SKYCAT.USask.CA> LEES at SASK.USASK.CA writes:
>From: LEES at SASK.USASK.CA
>Subject: Downward DNA blotting
>Date: 10 Nov 93 03:29:04 GMT
>Hello, netters
>I'm looking for a paper which described downward DNA blotting using
>NaOH solution instead of conventional upward Sounthern blotting. I
>huess I have seen that paper a few months ago from Biotechniques, but
>I don't remember exact volume & page. It'll be appreciated if anyone
>let me know it. Thanks very much.
>
>Lee   (lees at skyfox.usask.ca)
>National Research Council
>Saskatoon, SK
>Canada S7N 0W9

"A Rapid Optimized Protocol for Downward Alkaline Southern Blotting of DNA"
P.A. Koetsier, J.Schorr & W.Doerfler
BioTechniques 15(2):260-262, Aug. 1993

We're using it and it works as described. Schleicher & Schuell market a
downward transfer device called a TurboBlotter. Untill Dec. 31, 1993 you can
get the TurboBlotter "free" if you buy a refill (5 - Nytran 11X14 cm, $47
US or 5 - BA-S 11X14 cm, $43 US). We've ordered a couple but they haven't
arrived yet.

Cheers,
Jim
-------
Jim Gerlach                               Cancer Research Laboratories
gerlachj at qucdn (BITNET)                   Queen's University
gerlachj at qucdn.queensu.ca (InterNet)      Room A309, Botterell Hall
tel (613) 545-6446                        Kingston, Ontario
fax (613) 545-6830                        Canada K7L 3N6