Downward DNA blotting

Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU
Fri Nov 12 16:37:58 EST 1993

>In article <01H54JU1NR769ANEFI at SKYCAT.USask.CA>, LEES at SASK.USASK.CA writes:
>> Hello, netters
>> I'm looking for a paper which described downward DNA blotting using
>> NaOH solution instead of conventional upward Sounthern blotting. I
>
>> Lee   (lees at skyfox.usask.ca)
>> National Research Council
>> Saskatoon, SK
>> Canada S7N 0W9
>
>In this part of the world, all our blots go downwards;-)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Martin
>
>NNNN   NN  Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz)  ZZZZZZZ
>NN NN  NN       Cytogenetic and Molecular Oncology Unit          ZZZ
>NN  NN NN           Christchurch School of Medicine            ZZZ
>NN   NNNN              Christchurch, New Zealand              ZZZZZZZ
>              Phone (64-3)364-0880  Fax (64-3)364-0750

As Indeed they did in the original publication from our lab.  See Reed &
Mann 1985 -> -> Canberra Australia.  Just goes to show that the old phrase
"In our Hands" may also apply here??  Has everyone in the northern
hemisphere been following the protocol incorrectly until recently???

just a thought

Cheers, Klaus
Klaus Matthaei
Gene Targeting