DNA staining in agarose gels(tell me more)

dallas at mcvax4.d48.lilly.com dallas at mcvax4.d48.lilly.com
Mon Nov 15 10:17:02 EST 1993

In article <2c30m2INNdcq at medicine.wustl.edu>, eric at bcserv.WUSTL.EDU (Eric R. Hugo) writes:
> As a followup to the methylene blue staining discussion
stuff deleted...
I discovered that I get 20-50X as many
positive clones from band isolated DNA when comparing MB
to ethidium bromide/UV transillumination.
     Hope that this was of some help
                              Eric >                               Eric

Other than the obvious that the UV and ETBr damages the DNA, is there something
else going on that increases your amount of positive clones??  I'm curious.

Details on source of agarose...
Sizes of bands isolated, etc.

Jim Miller
Lilly Research labs