CRYOPROTECTANT

bob bmcnulty at OAVAX.CSUCHICO.EDU
Tue Nov 16 10:30:09 EST 1993

	I am looking for a formula/recipie for a cryoprotective medium for my
yeast cultures.  To be honest I am a home brewer and have been culturing my own
yeast for years.  I would like to freeze back many of my cultures using sterile
glass or plastic beads in a sterile vial.

	Is there any good media for this purpose other than buffered glycerol
solution?

	Any suggestions, comments, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks in advance.  Please e-mail as I don't read this group to often
(perhaps I should).

        ////////                             "Adapt, Migrate, or Die"
       (       )
        \ @ @ /                               BMCNULTY at OAVAX.CSUCHICO.EDU
Bob McNulty, CA. STATE UNIV., CHICO