Phage display libraries

Dr Johnjoe Mcfadden bss1jm at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Nov 16 10:58:59 EST 1993

Does anybody know where, or from whom, I can obtain a phage display
epitope library. I am looking for the kind of library described by
Michael DeGraaf _et al_ recently (Gene _128_: 13-17), in which the fd
filamentous bacteriophage is used to display a library of random
decapeptides that may be selected with antibody.

I know one answer may be 'make it yourself', but it does seem a waste
since there is only one theoretical random sequence library that you can
make - so why not use someone else's? I always think that 'clone by
phone' is by far the most efficient cloning technique.

Thanks

Johnjoe McFadden
University of Surrey
Guildford, UK.