differential display

Helge Weissig helgew at LJCRF.EDU
Wed Nov 17 00:53:16 EST 1993

>A rather painstaking analysis of the conditions used in the differential
>display technique was recently published in Nucleic Acids Research by Bauer et
>al. (vol 21, pp 4272-4280, 1993).  These authors have analyzed virtually every
>parameter of the technique and have apparently improved it considerably.  The
>results look impressive.  We're fixin' to get into this game fairly soon, but
>as yet have no practical experience so take this advice for what it is worth.
>
>Geoff Kitchingman
>St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
>Memphis, TN (aka, land of Elvis and bar-b-q)

Has anyone tried this modification yet?

There is one unclear point in that paper: Is the dT11VN primer from the RT
rxn to be removed and added freshly to the PCR rxn or is it carried over?

any comments appreciated

helge

      ***        		Helge Weissig
    * . . *      		La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation
   *       *  	   	10901 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
   * \___/ *    	 	La Jolla, CA 92037
    *     *	    	  	phone:  	(619) 455 6480 ext. 253
      ***  	 	     	FAX:    	(619) 455 0181

If we knew what we are doing, it would not be called research!