Cleaning sequencing gel plates

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Wed Nov 17 19:57:10 EST 1993

In article <931116174415_76467.702_BHA63-1 at CompuServe.COM>, 76467.702 at CompuServe.COM (Alan Gerstein) writes:
> Do you use 0.5 - 1.5 M sodium hydroxide to clean your glass plates?
> Thanks,
>
> Alan at Pharmacia

Sounds like serious washing to me! After a run I simply give 'em a rinse in
water to get off any debris, clamp them back together and squirt some ethanol
between them; they dry overnight.  About every 7-10 runs I siliconize the
plates.  Works fine, and saves dishpan hands.  Besides, I don't like leaving
detergent residues on glassware ;-}

--
Cheers,

Martin

	      Phone (64-3)364-0880  Fax (64-3)364-0750