Re counting 3H bands

Darren Fast van-3 at BONES.BIOCHEM.UALBERTA.CA
Wed Nov 17 17:18:04 EST 1993

we use 250microlitres of perchloric acid plus 500microlitres of hydrogen
peroxide added to the gel slice in a tightly capped vial.  This is then
incubated overnight at 65C with shaking.  Then we add Hionic fluor (10ml)
and count.  This completely digests the gel and likely the protein as well
.  I have used this with 35S without problems, I don't know how well it
would work for 3H.  BTW this procedure was originally out of a old Dupont
catalog.  Hope this is helpful.
Darren Fast