is cheap DTT good?

Christian Zwieb ZWIEB%JASON.DECNET at
Wed Nov 17 16:55:12 EST 1993

We would like to know if the DTT (Dithiothreitol) from Fisher (BP172-25) is
good to make buffers for large scale protein purification. With our discount
we can get 25g for about $150.00. However, the chemical is not tested for
RNAses, DNAses, and proteases. Sigma's DTT is free of all these nasties, but
more expensive. Are there other cheap sources for good quality DTT? Thanks a

Christian Zwieb                    |  zwieb%jason.decnet at
Uni.Texas Health Center at Tyler   |  christianz at